Skip to main content

DEAR FUTURE

After all, I'm not that oblivious of life's prospects.
Although I'm not as religious as the prophets.
I can bless lives by coining the alphabets.
Before one dreams, he must first sleep.
Below big streams is a valley so deep.
And every hill has a leeward quite steep.
Consider if beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder,
Cameras would be envied by the ordinary photographer.

This is how I wrote my letter: 

Dear future, What hast thou for we?
LIFE, as healthy and old as we can be.
MONEY, to acquire the tangibles we see.
WIFE, a faithful one just cute like me.
All the above and to love God, my plea.
I have sojourned to shores of a blue sea,
With good council and a jug of green tea,
Amidst lessons from an ant and a lil bee.

Too many friends make enemies out of nothing,
Making allies out of your foes is virtue worth knowing.
If one always gets the lips to your ear just to say something,
He may be nursing evil which couldn't germinate by sowing.
When in your room a housefly is found wanting,
Never conclude that it's the fault of the wind blowing.
Earth has few good lions and many bad cats so don't be always panting,
Learn to see with the heart what the eyes may not be showing.

Dear future, 
With harps and instruments of neoterics,
Sing to me your favorite lyrics,
For in this year's song I want to feature.
Teach me with the whiteboard of a lecturer,
Till I have learned to ignore all critics, 
From the experience of my faithful teacher.

Bring to my mindset a focus without frivolity,
And to my disappointment a next opportunity,
Let them acquiesce our service to humanity,
Has not been subject to insane vanity,
But for that, have we reaped wealth in sanity.

With the hope that all is well,
Even though the "when" we can't tell,
For as long as water runs in the well,
We're not alone when talking of people who seldom fell.
There will some day be an idea that can surely sell.

Ooh Dear unseen future,
I cannot pray you any further,
But pardon for the unpaved paths treaded,
The unread books we woefully shredded,
And those untold stories with lies we embedded.
Let's achieve more than our soul thinketh.
For we've made hay while our sun shineth.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BITTERSWEET

December, we can't regret; a sanctuary. But first let's not forget.  The one whom it begot; January. From drought through frost to flood: Such a flying time we've had. Although it hasn't been a boilerplate, I have so much with you to contemplate, Since we all began the year at the same place. Was yesterday not January? That skin drying and lips bursting mammoth. The longest yard of a measured cloth, Hated by salary workers for a month? Then came one so feeble. Short, stout and stable. February came with calm, And soon, we all had bread in palm. He came waiting for Easter, His holy moly sister. The fasting months soon approached: Marching to April as it May. Remember our sacrificial lamb; Jesus, our non-sink sand, The solid ground on whom we stand. Here is the mouth-watering, The mixed-cropping, The earth-soaking. June's journey with Julie to July, On an August occasion we can't deny. That led us to the quadruplet "BER" factory, Where the bittersweet ch

RFFS PRAYER

Anytime I'm called for duty... Wherever deployment takes me, Pervert from my path, any mutiny... But give me the strength to be; The rescuer, the protector and the fire fighter. Whenever I'm gone for stand by... Lord, grant me a listening watch.  All incursions, hazards and risks, May I with my crew identify... Where unavoidable, enable us to mitigate.. Be it in the terminal, tarmac or boarding gate.. Should there ever be an emergency, Wherever fire may rage.. Should there be any shout, No matter the skin or age.. Help me put the fire out, And my neighbor, help me save. And if by your will... Any blood may spill... Leading to any fatality, Protect my wife and kids, And preserve the rest of my crew.

GOOD SLAVERY

So they forced us. No, they persuaded us. Or they educated us? They rather Christened us. Whatever they did to us, Has been as good as, The wisdom their book has. Are they truly the words of God? It mostly feels like yes, Other times a bit more less. Like prophecies in poetic verse, Alphabetically scripted in wisdom, Not known where they come from. I'll read it nevertheless, And you should not do otherwise. At least it will keep you from any mess, And the meditations shall make thee wise. If the revelations make you cheer less, Read the chapters that make you fearless. Just Read The BIBLE