Skip to main content

FRIENDSHIP, COMPANIONSHIP, RELATIONSHIP.




The connection between three or two,
Of which you have experienced too
Is not just the feeling we have
Or the thing we call love.

It’s more than one time friendship
That existed between you and your classmate,
Or the bond that held you checkmate
With that lady you did impregnate.

Something greater than that long ship,
The umbilical chord from mum to son
Which knit them in Companionship
Equally communing like the moon and sun.

This is an ideal relationship.
The reason you and I are still intact
Such that in times of no hope and hands on hip,
You raise your head and dial my contact. 

So check up and don’t let them give up,
When will you ever sit up?
Remind yourself of the people you once met,
Upon whom the wrath of poverty has beget.

Don’t block my number!
Just because I now need you than ever.
For even if I don’t fit in your  circle,
I’m important to a lot of people,
Either as an auntie or uncle.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BITTERSWEET

December, we can't regret; a sanctuary. But first let's not forget.  The one whom it begot; January. From drought through frost to flood: Such a flying time we've had. Although it hasn't been a boilerplate, I have so much with you to contemplate, Since we all began the year at the same place. Was yesterday not January? That skin drying and lips bursting mammoth. The longest yard of a measured cloth, Hated by salary workers for a month? Then came one so feeble. Short, stout and stable. February came with calm, And soon, we all had bread in palm. He came waiting for Easter, His holy moly sister. The fasting months soon approached: Marching to April as it May. Remember our sacrificial lamb; Jesus, our non-sink sand, The solid ground on whom we stand. Here is the mouth-watering, The mixed-cropping, The earth-soaking. June's journey with Julie to July, On an August occasion we can't deny. That led us to the quadruplet "BER" factory, Where the bittersweet ch

RFFS PRAYER

Anytime I'm called for duty... Wherever deployment takes me, Pervert from my path, any mutiny... But give me the strength to be; The rescuer, the protector and the fire fighter. Whenever I'm gone for stand by... Lord, grant me a listening watch.  All incursions, hazards and risks, May I with my crew identify... Where unavoidable, enable us to mitigate.. Be it in the terminal, tarmac or boarding gate.. Should there ever be an emergency, Wherever fire may rage.. Should there be any shout, No matter the skin or age.. Help me put the fire out, And my neighbor, help me save. And if by your will... Any blood may spill... Leading to any fatality, Protect my wife and kids, And preserve the rest of my crew.

GOOD SLAVERY

So they forced us. No, they persuaded us. Or they educated us? They rather Christened us. Whatever they did to us, Has been as good as, The wisdom their book has. Are they truly the words of God? It mostly feels like yes, Other times a bit more less. Like prophecies in poetic verse, Alphabetically scripted in wisdom, Not known where they come from. I'll read it nevertheless, And you should not do otherwise. At least it will keep you from any mess, And the meditations shall make thee wise. If the revelations make you cheer less, Read the chapters that make you fearless. Just Read The BIBLE