Skip to main content

Dream Your Thought



As tiny as it is, the ant possess only big thoughts. It could sleep and find food each time it feels hungry. At least a small particle of smoked salmon from the kitchen is big enough to satisfy the colony. However, the ant has big thought. It thinks big into the future such that it does not cease working. 
I love the lyrics of this song by Ryan Shupe very much:

When you cry be sure, dry your eyes
For better days will surely come
When you smile be sure, smile wide
Don’t let them know that they have won
When you walk, walk with pride
Don’t show the hurt inside
Because the pain will soon be gone
When you see, see the beauty
All around and in yourself
It will help you feel okay
When you pray, pray for strength to help you carry on
When troubles come your way
When you dream, dream big
As big as the ocean blue
When you dream it might come true
When you dream, dream big

Sometimes we dream out of our thoughts. As literal as this may seem, if you think big, you will dream big.  It is god to think positive because you are what you think. In His book, Dr Ben Carson shows how we can think big.
T – Talents and Time must be recognized as gifts
H – Hope for good things and be Honest
I – Insight from people and good books is necessary
N – Niceness is good. Be nice to all people.
K – Knowledge, they say is power_ recognize it as key to living (the heart of the prudent getteth knowledge and the ear of the wise seeketh knowledge (Prov. 18:15 KJV).
B – Books must be actively read.
I – In-depth learning skills must be developed.
G – God must be part of our lives.
Therefore, to completely bring out the ANT in you, it necessitates big thinking.
Every child has an aspiration but these aims change as one grows up. As a kid I had one but it has changed only a bit now. I know you had one too but I wish to share mine with you. This I wrote down even as I was growing. I noticed that in the cry of any baby were series of hopes and pain which he or she could not speak out.

 I call it KIDS’ CRY.

When I Grow Up
Now I don’t know what to think, but some day it will all be in ink.
I look without seeing, am I even a human being.
To me, everything exists without meaning.
My language is a cry, but I only calm myself with a smile.
Today I take milk, but tomorrow I will break bones.
Now am wrapped in silk, but soon I will wear clothes.
Hmm! They leave me in pampers, am now among toddlers.
Both the young and old handle me. Love and admiration are all I can see.
Sometimes how hurtful it can be, especially when bathed by the geriatric.
I have no option than to accept their plea. In fact a little smile does the trick.
I am now a boy but frankly, am coy.
I can’t even cook but I can eat yolk.
Where is all the tenderness, where is all the care?
How come all this harshness, why all these snare?
My ideas are not significant, as tiny as an ant.
All my vocals create fun, commonly ignored with laughter.
I hate this pan; maybe, I should sound louder.
But my cry is an unnoticed plea
When shall I be free, I wish I could flee.
Will I ever be like Dad, so big and tall?
He calls my mum ‘baby’ even though she isn’t small.
I wish to become a bank manger
To put my family’s poverty in danger
Even if I don’t, I will do something better.
I could be a poet or even a trader
May I become a pastor, and save sinners from hell.
I want to be a billionaire and marry a beautiful damsel.
When I will grow up, I really cannot tell


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BITTERSWEET

December, we can't regret; a sanctuary. But first let's not forget.  The one whom it begot; January. From drought through frost to flood: Such a flying time we've had. Although it hasn't been a boilerplate, I have so much with you to contemplate, Since we all began the year at the same place. Was yesterday not January? That skin drying and lips bursting mammoth. The longest yard of a measured cloth, Hated by salary workers for a month? Then came one so feeble. Short, stout and stable. February came with calm, And soon, we all had bread in palm. He came waiting for Easter, His holy moly sister. The fasting months soon approached: Marching to April as it May. Remember our sacrificial lamb; Jesus, our non-sink sand, The solid ground on whom we stand. Here is the mouth-watering, The mixed-cropping, The earth-soaking. June's journey with Julie to July, On an August occasion we can't deny. That led us to the quadruplet "BER" factory, Where the bittersweet ch

RFFS PRAYER

Anytime I'm called for duty... Wherever deployment takes me, Pervert from my path, any mutiny... But give me the strength to be; The rescuer, the protector and the fire fighter. Whenever I'm gone for stand by... Lord, grant me a listening watch.  All incursions, hazards and risks, May I with my crew identify... Where unavoidable, enable us to mitigate.. Be it in the terminal, tarmac or boarding gate.. Should there ever be an emergency, Wherever fire may rage.. Should there be any shout, No matter the skin or age.. Help me put the fire out, And my neighbor, help me save. And if by your will... Any blood may spill... Leading to any fatality, Protect my wife and kids, And preserve the rest of my crew.

GOOD SLAVERY

So they forced us. No, they persuaded us. Or they educated us? They rather Christened us. Whatever they did to us, Has been as good as, The wisdom their book has. Are they truly the words of God? It mostly feels like yes, Other times a bit more less. Like prophecies in poetic verse, Alphabetically scripted in wisdom, Not known where they come from. I'll read it nevertheless, And you should not do otherwise. At least it will keep you from any mess, And the meditations shall make thee wise. If the revelations make you cheer less, Read the chapters that make you fearless. Just Read The BIBLE